...

4.10.10

Porco Rosso

Plot:
The film tells of the story of Porco and his would-be romance with Gina, who runs a sea pilots' club and hotel in the Adriatic Sea. The plot revolves around Porco's friendship with a girl named Fio, who is a talented aircraft engineer, and his rivalry with a hotshot American pilot named Curtis. Porco has been cursed with the face of a pig, though the origin and nature of the curse is never fully explained.





Originally a World War I ace pilot in the Italian Air Force, Porco has grown disillusioned and now makes his living as a bounty hunter guarding ships in the Adriatic sea from pirate gangs with planes. Though rivals, Porco and the pirates manage to coexist with a minimum of bloodshed. For relaxation, he and other pilots spend their evenings on neutral ground at the Hotel Adriano, the establishment run by Gina. ~http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porco_Rosso


My thoughts:
When I decided to watch this movie, I thought I wouldn't really like it as much as I did.




Studio Ghibli yet again has surprised me and made me happy.




Everytime I saw that this movie would be on television, I always missed it, therefore when the opportunity arised I happily watched this movie, and must say I am glad I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment