...

7.10.10

Tumbling




Plot:
Azuma Wataru, a third-year student at Karasumori High School, is a devil who strikes fear in the hearts of people. One day, Azuma is told by his form teacher that he has to participate in a club activity in order to make up for the lack of second-year students. The short-tempered Azuma cannot last long in whatever he does. At that moment, he learns that Satonaka Mari, the beautiful transfer student in his class, has joined the female rhythmic sports gymnastics club. He joins the male rhythmic sports gymnastics club, a club activity with very few people under the captain, Takenaka Yuta. They are ridiculed by the coach of the female rhythmic sports gymnastics club, and others, and are also hardly allowed to use the gym. However, when a sixth boy joins the club, Yuta decides to take part in a team competition with his long-sought six members …


My thoughts:
I'll be honest with you I've never cared for rythmic gymnastics, the sole reason I started to watch this is because Yamamoto Yusuke and Seto Koji are in this.
I doubt i'll be seeking out ryhtmic gymnastic performances in the future ~ but i'll probably watch gymnastics when it is on the olympics as I have often done so, my dad did gymnastics when he (rarely) went to school and so likes to watch and criticize the athletes... haha

From watching episode one onwards, I really like how we see Wataru as such a badboy, but then we see that he really cares for his friends and looks after them so well, not only does he do this for his friends but he also goes out of his way for the sake of the rest of the team too. I like that Wataru can be really stupidly funny too, e.g episode 4 when he tells Hino i'm watching you! because the girl he likes is into him haha.

I found Kiyama to be really mysterious, we know nothing about him but he's always there observing the others, at first I was thinking he would be up to something sinister later in the series, but then I found myself liking his character, he was always helping Wataru take care of his friends, and try to prevent anymore trouble from occuring.
After reading other comments I really see the Ouran scene when he saves Satoshi and piggy backs him XD.

I feel sad for Kiyama, he's alone because he is hiding pain and guilt inside him, rather than seeing that he's some kind of badass that will kill you, as we could have first thought about him.
I can't even begin to imagine how Kiyama must have felt when history seemed to repeat itself when yet again he is saved from a pole by his friend, as Wataru is there and is lay on the floor and later at the hospital waiting, in episode 4.
I think it's just so Wataru like when he starts running his mouth saying he wont be staying at the hospital ~ it was a good way to relieve us of the emotions welling up from seeing Kiyama.

I was almost in tears when Kiyama went to visit the grave (T_T).
Kiyama needs to get some omurice at Watarus and everything will be alright
It seemed he was there to look over the others, but no one was looking out for him, untill ep3 Watru to the Rescue, and then I became more aware of Wataru also looking out for Kiyama.

To start with I didn't really like Takenaka, I found him to be lame and boring, but then later especially epsiode 3 and 4 where he begins to understand Wataru more and encourages Wataru to do the right thing in looking out for those important to him, I began to like Takenaka much more.
I feel I should apologize to satoshi every time he speaks, I laugh, I blame F4 it wasn't until they brought up his high voice on TFP2 that I really noticed how (girly) high it is.

From the moment he went into Wataru's restaurant, i've kinda been shipping the kind idiot teacher and Wataru's mom, sorry to say this to the other guy who wants her but you're so out your league.

More than I dislike Akabane, I really do not like that opposing schools cub, The leader just seems soo cocky, jut because he was more advantageous than Takenaka, to have been able to go to a better school and compete for a better team (¬_¬).

Watching Wataru, we can see that Akabane really lacks what it means to be a leader, he seems like the person to totally ditch his friends rather than protect them when there is a crisis, he lacks kindness, and empathy towards others, he just cares about being the tough guy.
I also dislike the girl who got Wataru to start with tumbling, I just feel like the drama is trying to make us like her and that she is some kind of angel, how she always seems to support the boys team because she thinks it'll be fun or something.


After watching episode 3 I noticed more and more how much I like Nippori's silly humour & his 'maturity' level is pure win when he's saying to Ryosuke about how you can see 'it' bulge when they are first in the gym in their training clothes. Nipoori kinda reminds me of Hina from Kanjani8 although i'm not sure why...

I really like how this sereis has alot of depth balanced out with humour.

Is it just me or does Igarashi Shunji character Tetsuro in ROOKIES looks like Ryosuke? I think it's the hair
I also like the relationship Wataru and his mum has, and the relationship of the Nippori family too, they both seem to have really nice families, it's nice how Wataru is able to speak wth his mum about his problems.

As they don't all start out as members of the team, I thought the poster is rather spoilerish, I feel bad for Satoshi being ill :(, but couldn't help think is this how Kiyama gets on the team, I was slightly happy because I was looking forward to seeing him on the team.
I thought episode 4 (restaurant scene where Satoshi defends Kiyama before Wataru can), was really sweet (^_^).


How cute are those little tumbling dolls XD

NB: the above is what I wrote in the Tubling lj community. As you can see my fangirl leaked as did my bias (^^")

I've watched the entire series, and I love it, this is deffinately one of my favourite jdrama's.


I really love the character of Wataru. He is deffinately my favourite.
I'm really happy they were able to create the friendship the group of boys have developed throughout this series.


No comments:

Post a Comment