...

13.10.10

The 1st Shop of Coffee Prince



Plot:
The life of Go Eun Chan (Yoon Eun Hye) is not easy; she works many jobs to pay off debts and even gave up her feminine image. Choi Han Kyul (Gong Yoo) is the heir of a big food company, but his grandmother wants him to settle down, so she arranged many dates for him. After Eun Chan bumped into Han Kyul and was mistaken for a boy, Han Kyul decided to hire Eun Chan to be his gay lover in order to avoid the arranged dates. Desperately in need of money, Eun Chan had no choice but to accept. Han Kyul's grandmother also made Han Kyul in charge of a filthy coffee shop in danger of being bankrupt. Eun Chan begged to work at the coffee shop, and not long after, feelings start to spark, except, how would Han Kyul accept his "homosexuality"?



My thoughts:
I've not yet finished this drama.

I like this drama, I decided to watch it after seeing the Big Bang parody of it (which is hilarious and I would reccommend you to also watch it)


When I first started watchign this drama I didn't know if the character Ga Eun Chan was being played by male or female (since I don't watch alot of Kdrama I was not familiar with the actress).


I think the way they handle the issues of homosexuality is done very well, not only does this consider falling in love with someone of the same gender, but goes much further in how would you cope if you suddenly found yourself in love with someone of the same gender, when you have previously been hetrosexual.


The acting in this drama is very good.



What I like about this drama is that when the truth eventually came out, the man was not all of a sudden really happy to find out that he is not actually homosexual but rather he had to struggle with his feelings and did not accept the girl, in a yay we can be together no problem way.


It must be hard for someone to go through such feelings and finally coming to acceptance that you are homosexual. But to then find out that after finally resolving your feelings and coming to turns with something that isn't widely accepted in society, that you aren't actually, must be something really tough.

It is not something I can imagine going through.
I really like the character of Ha Rim, he stood by his friend when he could see how hard it had been for Han Kyul to cope with recent events to find out it was all for nothing as Eun Chan is female.
I'm glad he is able to remain friendly with Eun Chan too, and that he was able to give support to Han Kyul when everyone else was not.


In episodes 14 & 15 the grandma said some really cruel and harsh things to Eun Chan, I think it was good the way Eun Chan handled this, as she could have created an even worse situation by answering back and defending herself, instead she holds it in despite the hurt being caused to her, she's chosen to be the better person and just wait for the family of the person she loves, to accept as they once had.

I've watched the entire series now
I think it was good how they delt with the issues, and rather than just glossing over things they went more in depth with it, for example, when Han Kyul takes time off work because he doesn't know what to feel and is comeing to terms with the possibility of being a homosexual.

This drama was fun to watch until the end.

I liked all of the Coffee Princess as they seem like alot of fun, and that they would make an enjoyable place to work.
My favourite character is probably Jin Ha Rim, becuase, he is funny and it looks like he just takes each day as it comes but is also loyale to his friends, he acts as though he doesn't care but he's actualy really sensitive.


No comments:

Post a Comment