...

5.10.10

Last Friends

Plot:
Last Friends tackles issues that afflict the current generation. Michiru's mother has brought a man back to their home and she is bullied at her workplace where she works as a beauty parlour assistant. She starts cohabiting with her boyfriend, a good young man who works at the Child Welfare Division and the only person who can give her emotional support, but ends up the victim of domestic violence and becomes fearful of love. The boyishly charming Ruka was a classmate of Michiru's in junior high school. She has performed brilliantly as a motocross racer and aims to win the national championship, but as the story progresses, a deep worry that she can neither confide in her parents or close friends grows evident. Takeru is a hair and makeup artist acquainted with Ruka. He is a good confidant to females due to his kindness and perceptiveness, and finds himself attracted to Ruka but has a phobia of sex as a result of a past trauma. The three of them become house mates and through their associations with others, gain the capacity to be positive about life. --jade_frost ~ http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Last_Friends

My thoughts:
I decided to watch this drama because the group of friends it focuses on are:

Nishikido Ryo whom is not only my birthday buddy (^_^) but also an actor and singer who I am coming to like alot.

Ueno Juri whom I really liked as Nodame in Nodame Cantabile...gyaboo (^_^) therefore I was interested in seeing more of her.


&

水川あさみ (みずかわ あさみ) as I have seen her in quite a few things *coughs* mostly JE related things. It provided a chance to see more of her, I was able to see her abilities as an actress.




I like it when people act together in something who have acted together in something else, here it was Ueno Juri & Eita & Mizukawa Asami all of which I remembered from のだめ Cantabile (Nodame Cantabile) (^_^)




Of course when watching 'Last Friends' I found myself thinking how awesome it would be to have friends like these, I would really like to live in the share house with them all.

I really liked this drama, I really liked the character of Takeru (played by Eita) he seems like aman who would be an amazing friend.

I also liked Ruka (played by Ueno Juri) , she was soo confused about her place in life, and trying not to hurt other people, which in turn led to hurting herself.

Although he was really bad, my favourite character was probably Sousuke(played by Nishikido Ryo) maybe this is because I am 亮 biased, but I think Ryo acted the role of Sousuke very well, not only was we able to see how evil he was from the view of others, but we also got to see his caring side, that makes みちる love him, we get to see the pain he is causing himslef, this made me feel sorry for him because the audience can see the good sweet natured side of him, just as みちる and the little boy had seen.




After watching this drama I am able to see why people rank this as one of their favourites.
But I feel it is mostly ranked this way by Ryo fans.
I like alot of the actors in this

I would also reccommend watching this drama.




What I did not like about 'Last Friends' is... I have no idea, maybe its the fact that I don't like Sousuke but at the same time, I find myself liking him, even though I know the pain that he causes to such a sweet natured person as Michiru, and those that love her.




I also really like the theme song 'prisoner of love' by Utada Hikaru.



No comments:

Post a Comment