...

5.10.10

Moon Child

Plot:
In the year 2014, Japan suffers a major economical collapse and people are forced to emigrate to nearby mainland China. Three boys are living in a fictional Chinese city called Mallepa. The three boys, named Sho (Gackt), Shinji and Toshi survive through pickpocketing. During a theft gone wrong, Sho meets Kei (Hyde), a man who looks to be young, but is in fact a vampire.


Several years later, Sho is in his twenties, leading a robbery team together with Kei and Toshi. On one of these robberies, against a criminal gang, they meet Taiwanese man named Son (Leehom). Son is attacking the gang because the gang leader raped his sister, Yi-Che.

These are the main characters of the film, which goes on describing Sho and his life for several years forward, as he rises through the ranks of the criminal underworld in Mallepa. --wikipedia




My thoughts:
When I first heard there would be a film starring Gackt & Hyde I was a little interested, but I never looked more into it nor did I watch it until this month, I should be ashamed of myself leaving it for soo long [Moon Child is from 2003]. I finally decided to watch Moon Child as I discovered there were Vampires.

I've seen on the internet people bashing Gackt's english for one scene where he tells a man what his tattoo says, here Gackt speaks in english, I see no problem with how he speaks, I was able to understand him and his english is fine, Gackt has spoken english on many occasions.

I liked that not only does Moon Child star both Hyde & Gackt but infact they also provide the movies theme song and Gackt also played a part in the writing of this film.


No comments:

Post a Comment