...

6.10.10

Smile

Plot:
Hayakawa Vito has a Filipino father and a Japanese mother, but he was born and raised in Japan and has never visited the Philippines. The ever-smiling Vito works at Machimura Foods during the day, and at night, he works a part-time job trying to make his dreams come true. One day during an incident at a bookstore, he meets a girl named Mishima Hana, who lost her ability to speak due to an accident. But even though she can't speak, Vito is drawn to her beautiful smile. However, Vito becomes wrongly suspected by the police for a crime, and after meeting the lawyer Kazuma, the issue begins to grow... Together, Vito, Hana, and Kazuma will go through challenging times and have to overcome many obstacles. --Tokyograph

My thoughts:

This drama means alot to me.
I watched Smile, I had no idea what it would be about [I never read anything about it I just went ahead and watched it] therefore I cried , as I have never related to anyone in a film nor drama before, then I watched Smile and found two people, Like one of them I even changed my name, I wish at that time I had Vito to have stopped me from doing such a thing.

The reason for watching this drama was because it has Oguri Shun & Matsumoto Jun more so for Oguri Shun as I thought MatsuJun is a decent actor however after watching his performance as Vito I now think of him as a great actor and have infact now added Matsumoto Jun to my favourite actor list, now Johnny Depp is not lonely as I have discovered many brilliant actors this year.




Back to the main point ~ Smile



Now that I have watched Smile Vito is somewhat of a hero for me, I completely uderstand his feelings after experiencing my own share of prejudices etc all because of my heritage, once I was really happy to read Johnny Depp state he is proud to be a mongrel, but now I have vito to get me through it all too.




In Smile Vito faces the death penalty, personally I belive it is wrong, imagine all those people who have been killed by such a means of punishment whom were/are innocent, lucky for vito he didn't get the death penalty first time round.




No comments:

Post a Comment